Oh, I forgot one other thing that is sapping my sewing mojo:
Yeah, I finally tried my hand at one of the 1930s Farmer’s Wife sampler blocks. I needed a break from garment-sewing & was like, “Oh, I’ll just take half an hour & knock this out.” Three hours later…
Ultimately, I didn’t have quite enough of the pink fabric to make it the background piece, & I cut every single half-square triangle just a little bit too small. Maybe that’s why this block came out so poorly. I mean, it looks okay-ish, but I could do a LOT better. I don’t know what went wrong. I paper-pieced the whole thing, which is usually a guarantee of easy perfection. Jared tried to console me & was like, “Well, you haven’t paper-pieced in a long time, & that block is really small…” (It’s 6″ square, so most of these little blocks are like 1″ across.) But paper-piecing isn’t exactly complicated (for me), I’ve done it a lot, & the whole point is that it helps you achieve precision in small areas.
I was tempted for a minute to hand-piece instead, but I don’t really want to hand-piece a quilt with 99 blocks. I’m not looking to spend ten years on a single quilt. So I’ll probably just try paper-piecing again with bigger pieces sometime when I’m feeling less frazzled. Wish me luck.
Also, according to my stash spreadsheet, I am only down a third of a yard for 2016 so far. Meaning the difference between what I’ve bought & what I’ve used is only a third of a yard. I really need to get to sewing!